Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Road to Mechanicon: Salamander additions

So after the cracking good time I had in Adelaide at Mechanicon 2009, an adeptus mechanicus themed 2 day tournament run by Inner Sanctum gaming, I'm returning again with the Salamanders in tow and its 2 weeks away.

I've made some alterations to what is my usual 1,200 pts list and with a deep breath, decided to leave Vulkan at home. I know what you're thinking "Salamanders without Vulkan!? Beau, have you hit your head?" but I want a challenge, a different approach. The vulkan melta/flamer/thunder hammer spam was getting a touch too repetitive. Not to mention the enormous amount of disdain that particular build is regarded with...

So I'll be fielding this instead:

Jah'Haim, The Seer of Nocturne
Librarian, Force Weapon, Psychic Hood, Terminator Armour and Storm Shield, Psychic Powers: The Gate, Smite

Nocturne's Fury, Jah'Haim's Honour Guards
4 Terminators and 1 Terminator Sergeant with Storm Bolters, Powerfists, Power Weapon (Sergeant Only) and Terminator Armour, 1x Cyclone Missile Launcher

Brother Tu'Pach
Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with built in Storm Bolter, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers

Tactical Squad Prometheus
9 Tactical Marines with Bolters, Bolt Pistols, Frag and Krak grenades and Power Armour, 1x Flamer, 1x Missile Launcher and 1 Space Marine Sergeant with Power Weapon, mounted in a Razorback with smoke launchers and searchlight, Twin Linked Lascannon

Tactical Squad Infernus
9 Tactical Marines with Bolters, Bolt Pistols, Frag and Krak grenades and Power Armour, 1x Flamer, 1x Missile Launcher and 1 Space Marine Sergeant with Combi Flamer, mounted in a Razorback with smoke launchers and searchlight, Twin Linked Lascannon

Thunderfire Cannon “Vulkan's Hammer”
1 Thunderfire Cannon, 1 Techmarine Gunner with Artififcer armour, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krag Grenades and a Full Servo Harness
Thunderfire Cannon “Vulkan's Anvil”
1 Thunderfire Cannon, 1 Techmarine Gunner with Artififcer armour, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krag Grenades and a Full Servo Harness

For a total of 1,200 pts

Now this list calls for some alterations and additions to my Salamanders collection, the first comnpleted example I can show you is the literally, re-armed Brother Tu'Pach and his shiny new assualt cannon.


I'll have more to show as I complete it. On the to do list is a 2nd razorback, a cyclone missile launcher terminator and my second thunderfire cannon. Hopefully by the time I've done these, my matic games undead will have arrived!
Stay tuned guys!

Till next time,
Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment