Saturday, December 25, 2010

13 Days of Insanity, Part One

So on January 8th & 9th I'll be attending Demonicon, which is hands down one of the most fun tournaments in South Australia and whilst I could have and probably should have chose to field my Salamanders, at the last possible minute (and by that I mean last weekend when army lists were due...) I spontaneously decided to surprise everyone, to do the unexpected and field a whole new army that no-one could have seen coming.

Whilst I could take the opportunity to complete my Angelic space marines and bring them to the field, I'm adamant I'm not rushing that army. It'll be done when it's done. We all know I am an incredibly slow painter and projects like the brotherhood are perfect examples of this, yet that wasn't always the case. Before I first took on a casual position at Colonel Sanders' nearby outpost, I was quite the painting machine. Hell I managed to knock together armies within 2 weeks of the tournament they were due to be used at whilst attending high school... Now however, everything has changed. I'm leaving my job in pursuit of more favorable conditions (and hours)in a better line of work and with Demonicon on the horizon, I decided I want to prove to myself that I can still complete an army in such a short space of time. And by my reckoning, I might just have enough time to do it!

So sit back and enjoy the tale of my frantic progress as I rush to complete 2,000pts of counts as Space Wolves in 13 days.

Just so you know what lies ahead of me, here's the list I am working to complete:

he Knights of Cydonia - Space wolves (counts as)

HQ

Revered Ancient Mathias Bell'amie 270 pts
Bjorn the Fell Handed (270)
Plasma Cannon (0) Dreadnought close combat weapon with Built in Heavy Flamer, Wolf tail talisman, Smoke launchers, Saga of majesty

Brother-Captain Samuel Theoun 160 pts
Wolf Lord (100)
Pair of Wolf Claws (40) Terminator armour(40)


ELITES

Ancient Christoph 145 pts
Dreadnought (105)
Twin-linked Lascannon (30) Dreadnought Close combat weapon with Built in Heavy Flamer (10), Smoke Launchers, Searchlight

Ancient Christoph 125 pts
Dreadnought (105)
Assault cannon (0) Dreadnought Close combat weapon with Built in Heavy Flamer (10), Smoke Launchers, Searchlight, Wolftooth Necklace (10)

The Inner Circle 339 pts
8x Wolf Guard Terminators (264)
8x Storm Bolters (0) 1x Cyclone Missile Launcher (30) 2x Frost Blades (20) 2x Power fists (20) 1x Wolf Claw (5) 3x Power Weapons (0)

TROOPS

Cydonia's Wrath 195 pts
10x Grey Hunters (150)
Bolt pistols & Close combat weapons, Bolters, Frag & krak grenades, Wolf Standard (10), 1x Power Weapon (15), Mark of the Wulfen (15), 1x Meltagun (5), 1x Meltagun (0)

Cydonia's Vengeance 190 pts
10x Grey Hunters (150)
Bolt pistols & Close combat weapons, Bolters, Frag & krak grenades, Wolf Standard (10), 1x Power Weapon (15), Mark of the Wulfen (15), 2x Flamers (0)

Cydonia's Deliverance 200 pts
10x Grey Hunters (150)
Bolt pistols & Close combat weapons, Bolters, Frag & krak grenades, Wolf Standard (10), 1x Power Weapon (15), Mark of the Wulfen (15), 1x Plasmagun (10), Plasmagun (0)

FAST ATTACK

Cydonia's Fury 220 pts
10x Skyclaws (180)Bolt pistols & Close combat weapons, Frag & krak grenades, 1x Power Fist (25), Mark of the Wulfen (15)


HEAVY SUPPORT

Heaven's Fury 85 pts
Whirlwind (85)
Whirlwind multiple missile launcher, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight


Total: 1,999 pts

Stay tuned, first Work in progress pictures will be posted soon.

Cheers,

Beau

1 comment: