Saturday, April 2, 2011

Eldar List Mk II

Well I've been getting some feedback towards my plans for giving an Eldar army a shot and have started to refine the army into what I hope is a much better list then the first one. There were some oddball choices in my first list (cough, swooping hawks) that I picked not knowing much about Eldar and sorta hoped I could use them well simply to give me an excuse to buy them...
Anyway, here's the latest list for what my new army could look like:

Farseer
with Mind War, Runes of Warding

5x Fire Dragons
Mounted in a Wave Serpent with Twin Linked Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones

8x Striking Scorpions
Including an Exarch with Chain Sabres
Mounted in a Wave Serpent with Twin Linked Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones

5x Dire Avengers

5x Dire Avengers

5x Dire Avengers

8x Warp Spiders
Including an Exarch with an additional Death Spinner

Falcon
Pulse Laser, Eldar Missile Launcher, Holofields, Spirit Stones

Falcon
Pulse Laser, Eldar Missile Launcher, Holofields, Spirit Stones

Falcon
Pulse Laser, Eldar Missile Launcher, Holofields, Spirit Stones


At the moment, the rough plan is to use the Falcons for long range support and anti -tank and put the Dire Avengers in the Falcons. In objective games these will harry the enemy before moving around turn 5 to lay to claim to objectives while the Spiders, Scorpions and Dragons take the fight to the enemy. At the moment I'm leaning towards a Mind War Seer to try and weed out enemy Characters and Squad Leaders that may pose a threat to my Infantry.

Possible Alterations are to make the Farseer have Doom/Guide/Eldritch Storm instead. Doom and Guide have obvious advantages that could be more or less useful with this list but I'm guessing playing some games will tell me what I really need to get the most out of him. Eldritch Storm.... Is an option? Beyond it's capacity to spin tanks around I don't see much point to that one...

Other possibilities are to swap the Farseer and drop the Warp Spider Exarch so I can take an Autarch in with the Scorpions or Spiders. Could be handy in reserves missions and give the unit he accompanies a bit more oomph in combat.

Another distinct possibility is to swap the scorpions for a unit of 8 Dire Avengers with an Exarch equipped with shimmershield and Defend in a Wave Serpent with Twin Linked Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones to give me 4 scoring units instead of 3. Also the larger Avenger squad would make a nice unit to bog down enemies in melee with their 5+ invul thanks to the shimmershield and Defend reducing the enemy's attacks.

I'd love to hear some feedback on this list, I'm starting to really like what I could do with it, in terms of painting, modelling and in games. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks!
- Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment