Saturday, April 16, 2011

If it bleeds, Can you kill it? - More Progress!

So based on some feedback I've recieved on Wargamer AU, I'm looking at trying to do the army under a Dark Eldar list, I think there's some really good potential in there. The variety in wych weapons allows me a lot of potential when trying to vary the Eternity Warden's melee weapons. Various units like Mandrakes, Incubi and wracks enable further potential for variation in types of Eternity Warden, I could even use a Stegadon to make a counts as Talos!

Here's my proposed list so far:

Lelith Hesperax
Like Kharn in my other list, she's a combat monster and would be ideally suited to representing a leader or elder type character that leads the army.

Kheradruakh
I'm not 100% on Mandrakes but this guy seems like fun. I gave it a bit of thought and his special rules, equipment and took into account that he starts with a pain token enabling him to use his Assault 2 Baneblast shooting ability, he could ideally represent the Predator with the dual shoulder cannons from AVP 2, despite my reluctance to acknowledge that "movie" exists.

5x Incubi
Mounted in a Raider
Dark Lance, Night Shields

Thinking these could represent my "Berserkers" with their high armour save, powerful melee capabilities that set them above regular Wyches . Also seeing as I plan to use Temple guard as a base for them Incubi should represent them and their capabilities quite adequately.
The raider I can do up to look like a predator ship no worries at all.


9x Wyches
Inc. Hekatrix with Agoniser
Mounted in a Raider
Dark Lance, Night Shields

These will be the grunts of the army, the basic fighters that I've already made a couple of.

10x Wyches
Inc. Hekatrix with Agoniser
Mounted in a Raider
Dark Lance, Night Shields

As Above

10x Wyches
Inc. Hekatrix with Agoniser
Mounted in a Raider
Dark Lance, Night Shields

As Above

2x Beast Masters
Agonisers
10x Khymera

Inspired by the hunting hounds in the latest Predators, the beast masters and Khymera are a perfect fit for a concept I really wanted to include but couldn't under the CSM dex

Ravager
3 Dark Lances, Night Shields

Similar in appearance to how I'd do Raiders but as a Gunship type variant. Night shields are too good to pass up on and could help represent the cloaking technology that this army might also possess.

Ravager
3 Dark Lances, Night Shields

As Above

That's a 1,500pts list, thoughts on it so far?

Here's some pics of the Eternity Wardens so far:

This will most likely be a unit champion with agoniser in the regular "wych" units.


Here's the berserkers so far, but I have no idea about how to best represent their weapons. I'm thinking some fearsome looking glaives are in order but I don't want to make them from lizardmen weapons. Something ferocious looking like Dark Elf spears could be a good place to start?


More is on the way, would love to hear people's thoughts so far :)
Thanks for looking!
-Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment